CX Research Capabilities
SQM is a voice of the customer research specialist firm that accurately measures, benchmarks, and identifies opportunities for improving contact channel CX. SQM uses customer survey feedback to determine contact channel CX performance. SQM conducts transaction and perception voice of the customer surveys. Our transaction survey focuses on CX using a specific contact channel (e.g., call center, email, chat, IVR self-service, and web self-service). Our perception survey focuses on CX interactions (e.g., brand awareness, servicing, and renewing) with an organization and is an enterprise-wide view of CX. SQM offers five customer surveying methods (i.e., phone, email, IVR, online, and face-to-face) that provide valuable insights into CX. All survey methods can be integrated into one common database. SQM conducts in-depth face-to-face interviews with customers and employees to understand CX for each interaction, touchpoint key moments of truth and, most importantly, to discover CX improvement opportunities. Our call list management system allows us to accurately deliver a survey quota at a customer representative level or any other survey quota level that is required. To ensure the quality of our survey data and feedback collection, SQM monitors 100% of our surveys. The accuracy of each survey method is individually tracked and must comply with our minimum error rate of less than 1%. All surveys are conducted from our state of the art Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and Vernon, British Columbia research centers.
SQM Surveying Methods
There is much debate on what the best metrics are for measuring, benchmarking, and improving a contact channel and/or an omni-channel customer experience for resolving an inquiry or problem. The below figure shows SQM’s Top 10 Customer Experience Metrics. SQM uses these CX metrics to measure, benchmark, and improve a contact channel and/or an omni-channel customer experience for resolving an inquiry or problem. These CX metrics are based on SQM’s experience of measuring and benchmarking leading North American organizations since 1996, as well as surveying over 5 million customers who used a contact channel. These CX metrics are not ranked in terms of importance because they all provide valuable CX insights. These metrics are applicable to any of the core contact channels (e.g., call center, email, chat, IVR self-service and web self-service) being used to resolve an inquiry or problem. SQM’s Top 10 CX Metrics provide valuable insights on CX using a contact channel or multiple contact channels to resolve an inquiry or problem and, as a result of those CX, the impact it has on an organization’s enterprise wide Csat, referrals, and retention.
Top 10 CX Metrics
SQM’s research team includes doctorate level lead researchers, mathematicians, and computer science engineers. They understand contact channels and stay current with the best practices for capturing, analyzing and reporting CX data and feedback. Specifically, SQM research analysts use the top 10 CX metrics such as first contact resolution, one contact resolution, contact resolution, contact channel Csat, customer emotion experience, omni-channel experience, seamless experience, enterprise wide Csat, Net Promoter Score® and net retention index to truly understand the CX and opportunities to improve CX.
Capturing open-ended customer feedback is much more than simply analyzing open-ended customer feedback. SQM clients tell us our ability to capture, analyze and report open-ended customer feedback to identify CX improvement opportunities is what SQM is better at than any research firm that they have utilized. What makes SQM great at using open-ended customer feedback to identify CX improvement opportunities is our repeat contact reasons identification process. A repeat contact is defined as when a customer has to contact an organization again using the same, or another, contact channel when trying to resolve their inquiry or problem. SQM’s repeat contact reasons identification process is based on perception and interaction customer survey feedback. The survey uses the following questions to capture customer feedback about repeat contact reasons:
- What was your interaction with the organization?
- Did the contact channel resolve your inquiry?
- Why was your inquiry not resolved in one contact?
- Did you try to resolve your inquiry using another contact channel?
- Did the other contact channel resolve your inquiry?
- Why were you not able to resolve your inquiry using the other contact channel?
- What could the organization do to improve your customer experience?
Repeat Contact Reasons Identification Process
Customer repeat contact feedback is recorded or text comments. Recorded open-ended feedback is transcribed into text using our natural language processing speech recognition technology and SQM analysts. The analysts review the customer repeat contact feedback to tag the appropriate repeat call and/or repeat contact reasons. The repeat contact reasons identification process provides individual contact channel and/or multi-channel unresolved contacts analytical insights such as:
- Frequency of repeat contact reasons (Tier 1 = 15 repeat contact metrics and Tier 2 = 50 repeat contact metrics)
- SoE (i.e., organization, customer, and CSR) for each repeat contact reason
- Top repeat contact reasons that are hindering the customer’s ability to achieve first contact resolution
- The cost of repeat contacts to the organization
- The number of customers defecting as a result of their contact being unresolved
SQM’s secure online web portal, mySQM™ Reporting, is designed to allow our clients real-time access to their customer survey information from the convenience of their desktop in a secure encrypted manner. mySQM™ Reporting provides detailed information on customer survey feedback and has access levels appropriate for a CSR all the way up to an enterprise-wide analyst. In other words, mySQM™ Reporting brings CX and opportunities to improve CX to every employee in your organization. Reports and data available include:
- KPI Dashboard reports filterable for any level of the organization
- We can seamlessly integrate all channels VoC survey data into a common database to continuously report all your CX
- Integration of inbound call information for reporting internal FCR
- Digital recordings of all customer feedback and their transcribed corresponding text
- Raw data extraction, available in a variety of formats
- Notifications of action alert and customer defection surveys are provided in near real-time
- Repeat contact reasons and the financial impact of not resolving on the first contact
- Targeted repeat contact reasons for improving customer experience
- Pivot table report that allows users to data-mine feedback within minutes
- CSR coaching on an individual survey level or on monthly VoC reports
- Survey dispute mechanism that allows users to dispute whether a survey should be attributed to a specific CSR
- Integration of VoC survey and quality assurance evaluation data
mySQM™ Reporting Tool
In addition to real-time access to mySQM™ Reporting, formal reports are provided for both benchmarking and tracking clients.
SQM has highly qualified research analyst and account manager professionals who are passionate and dedicated to managing your contact channel research project and initiatives. SQM assigns a senior account manager to each tracking and benchmarking client to ensure that the project needs are met. Each account manager is an advocate for our clients to ensure that all the necessary SQM resources are used to assist them with their project. In addition, the senior manager will share best practices with their clients to help them improve their customer experience performance.